Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Thirty Days of Bible Study for Busy Mamas

Thirty Days of Bible Study for Busy Mamas: Colossians 3
by Pam Forster

As a mom in the middle of the toddler years, I relate to the title of busy mom.  Finding time for a shower alone, let alone time to read a book, is difficult to come by.  I had put aside the idea of an in-depth bible study on my own as something for the future.  Along came the opportunity to read this book, and my mind was changed.

Designed to be a quick 5 minute study, this book guides readers through the third chapter of the book of Colossians in a 30 day plan.  What seemed extreme to me at first - 30 days to read and study one chapter of the bible!? - soon became a welcome time alone.  Each of the 30 days has a focused set of verses, prompts.  With catch up days designed in the plan, which can also be used to dig deeper if one is caught up, there is tons of room for growth within this simple study.

The author is encouraging and draws the reader to fall into the Word, developing a deeper understanding of the reading while applying those words to life.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading and working through this study and would enjoy doing so again in a group setting. 

I highly recommend this book!

You can find a copy at Amazon.com or many other booksellers nationwide.

I was provided a copy of this book to review for free through the BookCrash program.  I was not required to write a positive review, nor was I compensated in any way for this review.  All ideas expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment