Monday, December 8, 2014

Mosquito Repellent Insect Sticks Review


I am big into being outside whenever possible.  I love to camp, garden, bonfire, pretty much anything I can be doing outside in the spring, summer and fall.  Unfortunately, mosquitoes can put a damper on the outdoor fun pretty quickly.  With young children, I am hesitant to use chemical sprays and Deet, so I try to use natural products whenever I can.  

I was super excited to find these repellent sticks.

 Much like using incense, the idea is to stick them in the ground around where you will be spending time
and then light them like incense.
Packed in a convenient tube for storage, they are easy to toss in for a trip or keep on hand for around the house - there is even room to tuck a lighter inside.
50 per pack, this tube has enough sticks to last quite a while!
Deet and toxin free, 100% natural, I love the potential for these sticks to protect myself and my family without needing to spray on chemicals.

Easy to light, and with a natural smell that is pleasant and subtle, they don't leave your clothes smelling like citronella or commercial mosquito sprays.  Because they burn down like incense, there is no open flame like a mosquito candle, so there is less chance of someone being burned unless they touch skin or clothing directly to the small burning tip.

The one downside is the fact that these are pretty useless in the wind.  But then, the mosquitoes are pretty scarce in such a situation anyway!

You can find your own here

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment