Monday, May 9, 2016

ESV Family Devotional Bible Review

ESV Family Devotional Bible
by Crossway

I had been looking for an appropriate devotional to use with my young children at home when the opportunity to review this devotional Bible came my way.  I was immediately impressed with this book the minute I held it in my hands.  This is a high quality hard covered book filled with color pictures, 130 of them!  While it is in fact an actual Bible in the ESV (English Standard Version) translation, it is also a devotional too.  The perfect combination that puts everything in your hands for family devotion time with children in the home.

Each devotional story is on a colored page.  The illustrations that go with each devotional are high quality, full detail, painting like pictures - not cartoonish, but featuring real looking people and scenes.  The devotional stories fall in line with their location in the Bible, so they can be used individually or as a family study.  The Biblical references are provided for the story's location within the Bible as well as a verse for memorization or discussion that ties the story to the surrounding scripture.

The devotion stories are written in a way that young children (ages 4+) can understand, while being complex and detailed enough to challenge older children into their early teens.  The common children's bible stories are discussed within the devotionals, such as Adam & Eve, David & Goliath, Jonah, etc. as well as many more not so mainstream stories.  Following each story are a few questions to prompt discussion and further learning for the devotional time.  With younger children, we have skipped over this section most times, just focusing on the stories for now, but I will definitely be going back around to use these again in a few years.

I have enjoyed this book as an adult, and have learned things I had not before picked up or heard. The questions have prompted me to think and I love the potential they provide for teaching my children.   My children (4 & 6) have learned things and really enjoyed exploring the pictures as well as hearing the many different stories.  All around, I love this book and have already been telling my friends with children all about it and recommending it.  This is a perfect combo book for every Christian family with children!

You can find a copy here

The cool thing is that I get to GIVE a copy away to one of my followers!  So, if you are interested, simply leave a comment with the ages of your children and you are entered.  The winner will be selected randomly on Monday, May 16 at 9am.

 Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.

Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway.  If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller / FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days, you are not eligible to win.  Or if you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.”

No comments:

Post a Comment