Thursday, October 9, 2014

Optimal Omega 3 Review


Optimal Omega 3
I am a regular consumer of fish oil pills. I am not a fan of fish, however, and despise the fishy aftertaste or burps that results from taking some fish oil pills.   When I got the chance to try Optimal's Omega 3 pills, I was happy to do so.

The first thing I loved about these pills is that they have an enteric coating, so instead of being glossy, they are more matte looking (excuse the photography language).  This coating definitely makes a difference - absolutely no aftertaste ever.  It also plays a role in ensuring maximum absorption of the fatty acids as it passes through the stomach protected in order to reach the intestine where it's benefits can be released.  Even if I take them with no food and just a drink of water,  I don't experience the fishy burps.
There are so many other reasons these pills are topping my list of fish oil pills to buy again:

  ~ These capsules contain 600 mg of DHA and 800 mg of EPA, that's 1400 mg of Omega-3 Fatty Acids (per serving of 2 capsules)
  ~ Molecular distillation is used to purify the fish oil in these pills, removing mercury and PCB
  ~ 180 pills per bottle means you get 3 months in one bottle.

On the pricier side of things, I would buy them on sale, but not at full price.  The sticker shock is a bit too much for me without a sale, but for the benefits, I'm willing to pay a little more for these than other fish oil products.

Good news is they are on sale right now! You can get yours here

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment